For yet another year we were delighted to take part in the latest edition of Sunny Design Days organised yearly by RED (Reunión Empresas de Diseño or Platform for Spanish Design Companies) in the company of six of the most important bloggers and influencers on the international scene from France, Germany, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States. Days dedicated to the exploration of what constitutes Spanish design and current projects making an impression on the national and international scene.
The distinguished bloggers were welcomed to the Casa GandiaBlasco at 9 in the morning of July 14th last. We shared a Mediterranean breakfast in the courtyard of the family firm. José A. Gandía-Blasco and Alejandra Gandía-Blasco, together with other members of the GANDIABLASCO team enjoyed a dip in the pool before a presentation, in chronological order, of our outdoor furniture collections amongst which were included highlights such as: the iconic Na Xemena, FLAT by Mario Ruiz, DOCKS by Romero Vallejo as well as JIAN by Neri&Ju, up the latest collection, BLAU, by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos.
Halfway through the morning we switched to the indoors of the Casa GandiaBlasco where GAN, the more amiable brand belonging to the GANDIABLASCO family, directed by Mapi Millet, was presented.
Guests made themselves comfortable on the rugs, mattresses, roll pillows and cushions of the new outdoor GARDEN LAYERS collection designed by Patricia Urquiola for GAN. They got the chance to see first hand the details of this unique creation conceived by the designer originally from Asturias now resident in Milan, the making-of the firm’s new catalogue featuring the quality design and handmade spirit of the GAN collections.
- A fun, warm and educational encounter that was enjoyed by all:
- Abi Dare, of These four walls blog (UK), a blogger from Bristol originally who specialises in travelling to some of the most beautiful locations and blogging about interesting interiors.
- François-Régis Briois, of Notre Loft, a French national from Lille whose personal blog has become one of the most important European references for interior design and lofts .
- Ilenia Martini, of Ilenia Martini & Neni Studio (Germany / Italy), a Romanian national living between Berlin y Milan, expert in visual communication and creativity as well as the development of marketing campaigns.
- Michelle Halford (New Zealand), author of The Design Chaser blog, with hundreds of thousands of followers on Pinterest as well as Instagram.
- Nicole Maalouf and Daniel Eichhorn, of SoLebIch (Germany), who are the driving force behind a community of “life enthusiasts” interested in reporting intimate viewings of exquisitely decorated private houses.
- Cyril Foiret and Ani Tzenkova, of TrendLand (USA), the founders of a very respected online publication specialising in following the latest trends in a range of creative sectors
ENJOY THIS SUMMER DAYS!